Terms & Conditions
1. Payment of a deposit of not less than 50% of the quoted price will be taken as the client’s approval for work to commence and shall be deemed a contractual agreement between the client and stc-webdesigns. Payment of the deposit indicates that the client accepts the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
2. stc-webdesigns reserves the right to refuse to construct a website we deem to be unfit due to its content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, sites containing adult material such as pornography, sites which promote or encourage hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion, or sexual orientation, or which promote suicide or self-harm, and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
3. stc-webdesigns will hold intellectual copyright of any material, including source code and original images/logos created by stc-webdesigns for the client, until payment of the final invoice. When final payment is received the site will be put live on the internet under the client’s registered domain name, and intellectual copyright will be transferred to the client.
4. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all content supplied by the client to stc-webdesigns for inclusion in the site does not infringe any copyright.
5. Where stc-webdesigns purchases stock images for inclusion in a site, it is the client’s responsibility to make sure the terms of the copyright license are adhered to. This means such images can only be used on the website and must not be reproduced by the client in any other format or for any other purpose.
6. It is the client’s responsibility to check all content for legality and accuracy prior to the site being made available to the general internet public. stc-webdesigns will not be liable for any losses sustained by the client due to illegal or inaccurate site content.
7. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the site complies with all regulations including, but not limited to, accessibility, sector specific regulations, and data protection.
8. stc-webdesigns will make every effort to secure the client’s website against hijacking, virus, and denial of service attacks, but will not be liable for any losses sustained by the client due to malicious or illegal activity.
9. By paying the final invoice, the client agrees that the design and development of the site has met their requirements.
10. The prices advertised on the website of stc-webdesigns pertain to sites with domain names registered and hosted by stc-webdesigns and are presented as a guide only. The price for work on sites hosted by other providers will be negotiated separately on an individual basis. The price for e-commerce sites includes an SSL certificate for one year. Domain names, hosting, and SSL certificates will be charged at the advertised rates after any included period(s). These will be invoiced one month in advance of renewal dates, and it is the client’s responsibility to notify stc-webdesigns at least 14 days in advance of the renewal date(s) of their desire to cancel any unwanted services, or these will be renewed and billed at the normal rate(s).
11. The client will be the legal owner of any domain name registered by stc-webdesigns on behalf of the client.
12. The prices advertised/quoted for website design and hosting do not include maintenance and updating of the site once delivered, or ongoing search engine optimisation or promotion services. Maintenance/updating services can be negotiated separately and will be charged accordingly.
13. stc-webdesigns is not VAT registered.
14. Payment of 50% of the quoted price is required as a deposit in advance of work commencing. The deposit is non-refundable. The balance is required once the client is satisfied with the site, and in advance of the site being published under the client’s domain name. Cancellation of the ordered services during the design and development phase may involve charging for work undertaken if the value of that work exceeds the value of the deposit already paid.
15. There will be a £25 administration charge for any cheques/payments which are returned unpaid by the bank.